Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm officially an old man...

Hey Party People! Not sure if you are aware but I am the big "1"!

Last Saturday was my b-day and I was so pooped from the festivities, that I am just now blogging about it!

Here is me the day before, obviously getting into party-mode. Aunt Jessica gave me this shirt, which I immediately began to drool on.


Anyways, Friday was spent helping out my Mom and Nana preparing for my party. I also took some cinnamon rolls to the daycare for the lovely ladies who take care of me during the week. It was a crazy busy day.
Then came Saturday and I was just so excited, because I knew that I'd get to see all of my peeps - Grandparents, Aunt, Uncles and my super cool cousins. I'm all dressed up and ready to party!

My party guests were feelin' the party vibe too!




Everyone wanted a picture with the birthday boy...this is me with Dad and Papa Headley. Talk about some good lookin' men, huh?
Here I am hanging out with my Gramma and cousin Cam. Somehow I always know when the camera is on me...
Here's me with Aunt Jill and cousin Cooper (and Uncle Ryan in the background...he's so sneaky). We're about to open presents, and needless to say, I'm done with the posing and ready to tear into some wrapping paper!


Let the games begin! Man, I started unwrapping my presents and they just wouldn't stop coming.



No one ever prepares you for this, but presents can really wear a fella out!

I guess my folks could see that I was quickly fading, because then they decided to strip me down, throw a bib on me and put me in my high chair....I had just eaten dinner, so I was very confused.


Then they set this rectangular thing on fire and everyone started to sing - they must have practiced beforehand, because somehow they all knew the words to this song...can't say I've ever heard of it!


My Mom took a knife to this thing and put a piece right in front of me. I did a quick finger swipe, and it sure didn't taste like vegetables. This was pure heaven in my mouth! A deliciousness that I had never experienced!


I couldn't help but to destroy this sweet treat in a matter of seconds, accounting for every crumb in sight.

I really do need to have a birthday more often. Seriously, this cake thing just blew my mind.


Thanks to everyone for all of their birthday wishes...I really appreciate it! And next year, if you feel the need to get me anything, I wouldn't say no to a big hunk of cake....I'm just sayin'....

No comments:

Post a Comment