Thursday, June 17, 2010

Arkansas or bust!

Last Thursday I was sleeping peacefully in my crib. The room was dark and quiet, I was snuggled up with my blanket and monkey and then all of a sudden my parents were in my room trying to wake me up. I barely had my eyes open when I felt my jammies flying off and my diaper yanked away. What the heck was going on?? As soon as my new diaper was on and I had sucked my bottle down, Mom, Dad and I were in the car...I knew something was up...usually it's just Mom driving me to school. We arrived at the airport of all places! Were they finally sending me away? Did I do something wrong?

No sir! We were taking our first family vacation to Arkansas! I don't know what Arkansas is, but wherever we landed sure was hot! Maybe it's a suburb of the sun? Not sure...I'll get back to you on that. My Mom's friend, Megan and her family met us once we got off of the plane. Let me tell you, I was in for a treat!

We went to a petting zoo and I just had the time of my life. I've only seen these animals in my books and all of a sudden they were right in front of my face! Here's Megan and Steve, and their boys Austin and Levi at the spider monkey cage...


And here's me and my folks. I was sporting a sleeveless shirt, if you hadn't noticed. Those aren't rolls...just pure muscle...eat your heart out ladies.


Levi was brave enough to feed the goats. Once I'm big enough and not strapped to my stroller, I think I'll give it a shot!


Then we went to the monkey cages - this is not what I pictured a monkey to smell like...I mean, I have a monkey and he smells nothing like this!



After that, Aunt Megan helped me pet a baby lemur...man, this thing was so tiny and cute. AND it wore a diaper, just like me! Who knew I would be bonding with a lemur?!



The following day, we went swimming in Megan's parent's pool, which was a blast. This is me and my Dad kicking back and having a few laughs.

This is our macho picture...don't even think about messing with me...or my floatie!

I also got some fun in the sun time with Mom and Megan!
And Levi and Parker (Levi's cousin)...man, do I look like a total baby in this high chair...I can't wait to be a big boy like them!
We swam and grilled out and it was the best...I can't wait for my next trip to Arkansas! Thanks for the visit, Driggs family!

No comments:

Post a Comment