Friday, April 15, 2011

Lucas's first road trip!

Last weekend Lucas and I went to visit the grandparents. Our first stop was Macomb. It's like another planet there....green grass, sun, and warm weather....a foreign concept to us northerners in Lake Villa!


Saturday morning, we took a neighborhood stroll with Mom, Dad, and Nana. It was a lot of fun and really wore me out....that is one big subdivision for these little legs!


But, I did it! I walked the entire thing....what I didn't understand was why I had to be kept on a leash...I mean, can't a fella just take off and run when he desires?? Apparently not. One quick move and Mom would yank me back into reality.


When we got back to Nana and Papa's house, we played in the back yard. I was a very busy bee.

I dribbled the basketball around...


...pushed my truck...


...practiced my jumping skills with Dad...


...and then helped Papa spread some grass seed around the yard.


In the meantime, ol' sleepypants was getting gobbled up by Nana....

...and then again by Papa.


After that, we went to the park and I rocked the slides. Here's me testing out the first one.


Then, I convinced Mom to relive her youthful days and join me in the twisty slide....as you can see here, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself....however, Mom sat out the next 50 trips down the slides.


By the time Sunday rolled around, Lucas and I were totally pooped. We had to muster up enough energy for our next visit to Galva. Here's Gramma and Papa getting some much needed baby bonding time. We can't wait for our next visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment